Free Consultation

Copies of Discharge

I was discharged from bankruptcy over 20 years ago but now I have to have a copy of them.How do I get a Copy of my Discharge Papers

Posted from: British Columbia

One Response to “Copies of Discharge”

A licensed trustee said...

Your trustee is/was only obliged to keep copies of your file for 4 years – you should try contacting them first as most trustees keep files for much longer than they are required. If they no longer have them, you may try the Office of the Superintnedent of Bankruptcy – they may have a copy archived somewhere.

Either way, you should be prepared to pay a fee and you should expect delays. If you file is in storage somewhere then some one will have to go looking for it and they won’t do so for free…