Free Consultation

Post bankruptcy taxes

My son`s discharge took place in Sept 2008. He had filed for bankruptcy in Dec 2007. He had been informed that he needed to turn in his T4s for 2008 and did so. They were returned to him in the mail with no explanation. The Licensed Insolvency Trustee office said that pre and post bankruptcy returns had already been filed and they didn`t need to do one for 2008. How do we know they are not in error?

Posted from: Alberta

One Response to “Post bankruptcy taxes”

A licensed trustee said...

The trustee’s office is correct – your son has the right to file his 2008 taxes himself and he will be paid the refund (or have to pay any balance owing).