Bankruptcy-Student Loans

June 24th, 2008 by Questions

I delared bankruptcy in October 1998 and had student loans included, I have been out of school for more then 10 years. Are these loans automatically dischrged after 10 years or do I have to go to court to get them discharged?????


Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Bankruptcy-Student Loans”

, A licensed trustee said:

Unfortunately, you have to apply to the Court to have your student loans retro-actively discharged by the bankruptcy you completed in 1998. Contact the trustee that handled your file in the first place, or speak to a lawyer about what is required. You will be charged a fee (probably hourly) for the service.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)