tax returns after bankruptcy

November 27th, 2007 by Questions

My post-bankruptcy tax return has finally been processed. When I received the tax documents from our trustee when they filed them in April, everything looked fine, though it was hard to understand some of their calculations on our income…
Now that our tax return has been processed, it appears something is off – CRA has my income at about $1200 more than it actually was, and my husband`s about $2000 more than it was. This extra $3000+ makes a big difference in the amount of CCTB and such that we receive.

I`m not sure where to start to have this corrected – do I contact our trustee or CRA or both?


One Response to “tax returns after bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

First discuss this with your trustee. They will likely have to do a T1 adj on your behalf to have this rectified.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)